Community Broadcasters, LLC is a radio group that owns and operates 15+ radio stations in upstate New York. Formats include: Country, Contemporary Hit Radio, Adult Contemporary, Sports, News/Talk, Classic Rock, & Rock. This position will be located in our Elmira, NY office.
We are currently looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our growing media group with a regional outside sales opportunity.
This position will include but not be limited to the following areas:
1. Soliciting new business by making sales calls to local business owners.
2. Selling business owners on the strength of marketing on any or all of our 5 radio stations.
3. Developing annual marketing plans that will include commercial advertising, cause marketing, event marketing, sports marketing, print campaigns and any available digital to strengthen our brand and community presence.
4. Writing compelling radio commercials and spots for clients.
5. Maintaining ongoing service and relationships with new and current clients.
6. Working on all accounts receivable.
Desired Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position applicants should reflect the following:
- Three to five years of outside sales or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Have experience creating & implementing marketing strategies
- Have a desire to represent radio stations and work with clients
- Have a firm grasp of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Candidates must be well spoken and have the ability to interact with representatives from media outlets and new/existing clientele.
- Candidates must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks at once
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview. Applicants who do not follow this instruction will not be considered.
Community Broadcasters, LLC is a radio group that owns and operates 15 radio stations in upper NY. Formats include: Country, Contemporary Hit Radio, Adult Contemporary, Sports, News/Talk, Classic Rock, & Rock.
We are currently looking for an energetic students who are ready to learn and have an interest in radio, broadcasting, marketing, social media and digital advertising to join our college and high school programs.
Students must be well spoken and have the ability to interact with representatives from media outlets and new/existing clientele. Interns must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks at once.
- have a firm grasp on practical uses for social media
- have a desire to learn marketing strategies
- have a desire to work with radio stations and media outlets
- knowledge of SEO and/or SEM is a plus
- ability to brainstorm social media marketing ideas
- having a firm grasp on Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Photoshop would be helpful
- be able to use your own computer
- ability to conduct research upon request
- knowledge of CMS for updating sites would be helpful but not necessary
Qualified applicants will be contacted for phone and in-person interviews.